About Guitaresque

Guitaresque is a Singapore-based non-professional classical guitar quartet. All our members are full-time working professionals but have come together because of our shared passion for guitar music.

We are alumni members of the NUS Guitar Ensemble (GENUS), the premier Niibori-styled guitar orchestra in Singapore, founded by Mr Alex Abisheganaden.

Guitaresque won the first prize and second prize (ensemble) in the 2004 and 2001 Singapore Guitar Festival Competition respectively.



Friday, April 11, 2008

Opening post

After more than 9 years since its formation in 1999, I have finally decided to set up a simple blog site for our guitar quartet.

Reason being - I wanted it to be a somewhat more "transparent" as well as simpler way for us to look back at the journey we took (in terms of our music then & now, and our playing standards too!), and hence learn to improve going forward as a quartet, hopefully for many more years.

* Had I been more web-savvy, I would have prefered to set up a Guitaesque dedicated website, since I'd be able to upload videos and sound clips from our previous endeavors. But hey, I just an average web-surfing joe eh, so what do I know about all these HTML stuff..blah blah blah..??? :P

Finally, for our friends and fellow guitar afficionados, this is where I will be posting announcements of our future performance details.

So, keep a look out for us! :)

No comments: